DURATION: 160 HOURS
This programme is suitable for any individual currently working as a care provider or even those hoping to start a career in the care sector. Recent developments in the level of basic training within the care industry have shown employees in a negative light, this course gives a basic foundation of knowledge in terms of overall understanding of the subject.
Health and social care relates to a wide range of service users who different levels and types of care. Understanding the specific role the carer must undertake is important, this course explores both the mental and physical support of service users.
- The role of health & social care worker
- Introduction to communication in health and social care settings
- Support Individuals with Specific Communication Needs
- Implement person centred approaches in health & social care
- Principles of safeguarding and protection in health & social care
- Support individuals to eat and drink
- Principles of infection prevention and control
- Causes & spread of infection
- Cleaning, decontamination and waste management
- Support individuals to meet personal care needs
- Contribute to the support of positive risk-taking for individuals
- Move & position individuals in accordance with their plan of care
- Handle information in health & social care settings
- Contribute to health and safety in health and social care
- Introduction to duty of care in health and social care settings
- introduction to equality and inclusion in health & social care
- Introduction to personal development in health & social care
No previous knowledge is required for this course.
You will be provided with comprehensive materials designed to provide you with everything required to complete your Health and Social Care course. You will have your own dedicated tutor who will guide you through your course work and answer any questions you may have during your course. Additionally our Help Desk will provide you with any practical advice by email or phone.
Students will be required to complete a number of assignments. Your personal tutor will review, mark and provide you with feedback on your work. You will also need to complete a short multiple choice examination.
AWARDING BODY INFORMATION
Click here for a full list of awarding bodies.
This course is now available for pre-order, please e-mail email@example.com or call 0800 970 2522 for more information.