Terms & Conditions
Most recent terms and conditions will always be visible on the NCC Home Learning website and overwrite any printed materials that learners or customers are in possession of. Please be sure to check this page regularly for updates and before contacting NCC with any queries.
Copyright, Terms and Conditions
Use of the NCC Home Learning website Terms & Conditions and Copyright. Please ensure that you have read and understood NCC Home Learning's terms and conditions, before placing your order. By placing an order with us you will be deemed to have read, understood and agreed to these Terms and Conditions.
In this terms and conditions document unless otherwise stated:
- "NCCHL" means NCC Home Learning
- "Distance Learning Package" shall mean the course(s) identified, all related Materials and support, where applicable; "Materials" means the learning materials and books for the NCCHL Course or any part of them;
- "Services" means the support and tuition relating to the chosen NCCHL Course, as described on the website;
- "Support Period" means one year from the date of the Sale Agreement or otherwise as stated in your course materials;
- "Price" means the price of the Materials, Tutor Support Services, Student Registration and Certification Fees, but does not include postage and packing;
Singular words shall include the plural and vice versa; and headings are included for convenience only and shall not affect the construction or interpretation of these terms and conditions
- We agree to sell and you agree to buy the Distance Learning Package for the Total Cost/Cash Price and on the terms set out in this document
- The Price is payable prior to the delivery of the Materials by your chosen method (in full or by instalments), either by credit/debit card or cheque
- The price payable includes all materials, full support, Awarding Body registration and certification fees but does not include external exam fees. In the event that the purchaser does not engage with the learning process via their tutor within 2 months from supply or fails to complete their payment plan, then the supply would revert to the provision of learning material only
- Under no circumstances shall we be deemed to have received payment until payment has actually been received by us in full
- We reserve the right from time to time to change the amount of the cost of the course. The current price for any given course will be displayed on the website
- Learners who pay for their course by instalments and complete before full payment is received will not be issued with final certification until full payment is made.
- Learners who choose to pay for their course by Direct Debit will be required to adhere to the terms set out regarding monthly payments
- Customers who choose to cancel Direct Debit payments will automatically have their course suspended and will be required to make alternative arrangements to cover the full outstanding cost as soon as possible
- Learners will not be provided with additional time to complete their course to cover any suspended period due to instalment issues
- NCC Home Learning will add any missed Direct Debit payment that is returned by the bank to the Direct Debit payment due the following month. This will result in a double payment and the customer is required to make sure that sufficient funds are available to cover this
- All failed direct debits are due for payment on the 28th day of the month following the agreed direct debit date. Any direct debit outstanding beyond this period will be referred to Daniels Silverman Limited and will be subject to a surcharge of 15% plus vat to cover the collection costs incurred. This surcharge together with all other charges and legal fees incurred will be the responsibility of the customer and will be legally enforceable.
- Please note, in the event that your monthly payment fails, the card used for your deposit will be charged if we are unable to reinstate your direct debit or if you cancel without prior approval from NCC Resources LTD.
3. Delivery and Care of the Materials
- We will release all the Materials to you in one despatch usually within 2-5 working days of receiving payment from you
- Materials will be sent by post or courier to the address you have given us
- You will inspect the Materials upon delivery and will inform us immediately if there are any damages or omissions
- You will be deemed to have accepted the Materials if you do not notify us within seven days after delivery
- Risk of damage or loss in the Materials will pass to you upon delivery
- During the Support Period, you will be provided with support and tuition as set out on the website or materials
- If requested, we may at our sole discretion, extend the Support Period which may incur an agreed fee
- A copy of student coursework is required for audit purposes and unless we receive a written request to the contrary, course work submitted to NCC Home Learning for marking will not be returned and is sent entirely at the responsibility of the student. Students are advised to keep copies of all work submitted to NCC Home Learning.
- If you are sitting an external examination at the end of your Course, we will provide you with such information as we have in our possession to assist you in making such examination arrangements. In all other respects, you will be solely responsible for making arrangements to enable you to sit the examination and for any and all fees in relation thereto
- If we, at our sole discretion, assist you in making your examination arrangements by providing you with information about the time and location of local examinations or reserving an examination place for you, you acknowledge that we shall not be responsible for any losses incurred by you as a result of inaccurate information provided in connection with any such arrangement
- NCC works with a number of Awarding Organisations (AOs) and reserves the right to arrange learner certification through alternative AOs other than those advertised should the need arise due to operational requirements.
- Your tutor will mark your assignment as quickly as possible after receiving it. You should normally receive a reply within about 12 working days although around holiday times it may take a little longer. If you submit an assignment but do not receive feedback after two weeks please contact the student helpline. Your tutor will need to retain your assignments for moderation purposes (checking by another person).
- Tutor feedback will be provided electronically to your email address, if you require a paper copy of your feedback there will be an administration and postage charge of £10 each time a copy is sent.
- Learner work and tutor feedback received will be scanned into our system and stored indefinitely, and original documents destroyed. Some AOs may also retain a copy of learner work and tutor feedback for their own records. If you require a paper copy of your work posted to your address, there will be an administration and postage charge of £10 each time a copy is sent.
5. Warranties and Limitation of Liability
- We warrant that the Materials will be of satisfactory quality but do not warrant that the Materials will be error free
- We warrant that we will perform any services provided hereunder with reasonable skill and care
- Other than in respect of liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, we shall not be liable for: (a) losses that were not foreseeable to both parties when this Agreement was made; (b) losses that were not caused by any breach on our part; or (c) business losses and/or losses to non-consumers
- Our liability for direct losses arising out of our negligence (other than in respect of liability for death or personal injury), breach of contract or any other cause of action arising out of or in connection with this Agreement shall be limited to the total price paid for the Distance Learning Package as quoted
- Other than in respect of liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, we shall not be liable for any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever (including without limitation any loss of profits, loss of revenue, loss of opportunity or your liabilities to third parties) which you may suffer arising out of or in connection with this Agreement
6. Other Terms
- No relaxation or indulgence which we may extend to you shall affect our rights under these Terms and Conditions
- If any part of these Terms and Conditions is held to be unenforceable by a Court of Law the remaining terms and conditions shall continue in force
- All liabilities or obligations arising under these Terms and Conditions shall be enforceable against you after termination of this Agreement
- You will notify us immediately, in writing, of any change in the address specified. Any notices required to be served under these Terms and Conditions will be deemed properly served if sent by way of prepaid post to your last known address
- If your address is in Scotland then the laws of Scotland will apply to these Terms and Conditions, otherwise the laws of England and Wales will apply
- Special Offers - NCC have the right to cancel any order that does comply with special offer terms regardless of discount codes used at checkout
- Our courses are written around legislation as it relates to England. There may be differences between English legislation and legislation in other parts of the world. Questions can be answered based on local laws where appropriate. Your tutor would need to be notified of this when a particular question was answered.
- Bundle discounts apply to any two courses that are purchased together, where both courses are over £200. We reserve the right to withdraw this offer at our discretion. This offer can't be used in conjunction with any other promotion.
- NCC works with many Reseller organisations and you may find their prices are dearer, or cheaper, than NCC’s and this will be due to promotions. Following purchase from one of NCC’s Reseller websites, if you find the same product cheaper on NCC Home Learning, we will make arrangements with the Reseller to reimburse you with the difference between the NCC Home Learning price and that charged by the Reseller. This arrangement will only be applied within 14 days of purchase as price promotions change periodically.
- Under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2014 you have a right to cancel this Agreement. Provided the Goods remain unopened and unused the Buyer has the right to cancel the Contract within 14 days of having received the Goods. If you want to cancel then you must email us at email@example.com.
- The buyer has the right to cancel an order within 14 days of having received the goods.
- If you cancel then you must return the Materials to us and must take good care of them until you do so. Upon receipt of returned materials at NCCHL and on condition they have not been damaged or marked in any way, then you will receive a full refund (unless a deposit has been paid, please see section 5).
- The buyer must pay for any costs associated with the return of goods.
- If you've paid in full an administration charge of £35 will be deducted from the refund amount provided if within the 14 day cancellation period.
- If you pay via instalments you can cancel your order within 14 days of placing the order. Any deposit paid is non-refundable. This deposit can be transferred to a different course at our sole discretion.
- If we have to collect the Materials from you then we may charge you our reasonable costs for doing so. Exception applies to all Nail Courses (EN 163, 164, 177, 178, 179, 180) where the Buyer complying with condition 7.1 will receive a refund for the amount of the Contract price (if any) that the Company has received in cleared funds from the Buyer in respect of the goods less a handling fee of £49.99 used for the repackaging of the product.
- Unless the parties have agreed otherwise, you will not have the right to cancel by giving notice of cancellation for the supply of computer software if they are unsealed by you or for the supply of online courseware which has been accessed by you. This also applies to all books bought from the NCCHL Bookstore. No refund or cancellation can be applied for any material which is book only.
- If you wish to transfer to a different course, we may at our sole discretion agree to such transfer and a small fee will be incurred. If we agree that you may transfer to a different course, we will transfer the fees paid for the Distance Learning Package you wish to discontinue towards the amount payable for the new course PROVIDED THAT we receive payment from you for the balance of fees due in respect of the new course (if more expensive than the discontinued Distance Learning Package)
- If you wish to cancel any A Level or ODL coded course there will be a £20 administration charge regardless of payment method and cancellation time.
- Cancellation policy does not apply to any pack sold containing CD's/DVD's for copyright purposes.
8. Data Protection
You agree that, in relation to information, which we hold on you from time to time, we may:
- Use your information to provide the Materials to you and otherwise perform our obligations and enforce our rights under these Terms and Conditions
- Use your information to inform you about our other courses, products or services which may be of interest to you
- Share your information with our group and associated companies, to enable them to inform you about other products or services which may be of interest to you
- You have a legal right to stop us from contacting you, or giving your details to others for direct marketing purposes, you can do this by contacting us by mail, email or phone
- A copy of the full privacy statement can also be viewed here
From time to time you may feel the need to make a complaint. In the first instance contact student support to register your complaint, this will then be communicated internally and we will make an initial response within 24 hours during Monday-Friday.
- Your complaint will be assessed for validity and a decision over any action required will be considered.
- You will be informed of any appropriate outcome or actions within 5 working days.
- You will be recompensed if appropriate with fees returned if the complaint is justified.
- NCC's decision is final, you may escalate to senior management at any point of the process.
Your use of the Web pages located within www.ncchomelearning.co.uk ("Website") is subject to the terms set out below ("Terms"). These Terms apply only to this Website and not to any other website. Your use of any pages on the Website will constitute your agreement to comply with these Terms. We may amend the Terms at any time by posting the amended terms on this site.
NCC HomeLearning grants you a limited license to access and make personal use of the Website, subject to the Terms. You may not reproduce, duplicate, copy, download, sell, resell, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose the Website without the express written consent of NCC HomeLearning. You may not frame or utilise framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout and form) of NCC HomeLearning and/or its affiliates or licensors without the express written consent of NCC HomeLearning. You may not use any meta tags or any other "hidden text" utilising NCC HomeLearning's name or Marks without the express written consent of NCC HomeLearning. Any unauthorized use terminates the license granted by NCC HomeLearning.
This website is provided by NCC HomeLearning on an "as is" and "as available" basis. NCC HomeLearning makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of this site, or the information, content or materials included on this site. You expressly agree that your use of this site is at your sole risk.
Website © 2006-2016. All rights reserved. All content provided on the Website ("NCC HomeLearning Content") is owned by or licensed to the NCC and/or its affiliates and protected by international copyright laws. NCC HomeLearning and its licensors retain all proprietary rights to the NCC HomeLearning Content. You may not reproduce, transmit or distribute the NCC HomeLearning Content without the prior written consent of NCC HomeLearning.
All trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos and graphics ("Marks") indicated on this site are registered trademarks of NCC HomeLearning and/or its affiliates. You may not make any use of these Marks without the prior written consent of NCC HomeLearning.
All study materials provided are intended for individual personal use and are protected under English and International copyright laws and conventions and may not be published, copied, sold or otherwise reproduced or distributed.
If you would like to talk to someone by telephone about your course, please call us now on:
Tel: 01744 639746 (8.00am-10.00pm Mon-Fri)