How to Become a Nail Technician
Starting a new career as a nail technician is exciting, but choosing the right course can be daunting.
Here at NCC we have everything you need to get you started. You do not need any previous knowledge or experience to take our nail technician courses from home, as our courses are open to everyone, including beginners.
Why be a Nail Technician?
Manicures, nail art and so on have been increasing in popularity in recent years, with the beauty industry in the UK is worth billions. You may want to tap into this market by offering more services in your salon or you may be looking at a completely new career. Either way, as a qualified Nail Technician you will not be short of customers.
Choose a Nail Technician course
At NCC, we have a wide range of nail technician courses from home, including:
- Acrylic Sculpted Nails - this course provides you with the essential tools to learn how to apply beautiful acrylic nails. Starting off with the basics about the nail industry as well as the tools and products you will be using, you will then learn how to fit a nail form, as well as shaping and sculpting. This course will also show you how to sculpt two colours to create a the sought after French Manicure look.
- Airbrush Nails - with this course you can learn how to create airbrushed nail designs that look stunning. Creating these is a great way to boost your income as you can charge an additional £20 per set!
- Acrylic Tip and Overlay Nails - this is our most popular Nail Technician Course. Mastering the art of Acrylic Nails is essential to starting your nail technology business. With this course you will learn the basics of the nail industry, the equipment and products. Then you will learn how to select, fit and blend nail extension tips.
- Fibreglass Nails - learn about how to fit Fibreglass Nails, including step by step instructions on how to fit the nails by extending the length of the natural nail, applying the layers of resin, laying in the fibre strips and adding more resin to make the fibre weave invisible.
- Gel Nail Course - gel nails are increasingly popular and they are easier to apply than acrylic nails. This comprehensive training course includes everything you need to become a qualified Gel Nail Technician, including tools. Starting off by watching lessons on DVD, you will then move on to practicing your nail extensions. Once complete, simply send them to us for assessment and get your certification.
- Nail Art - with the UK's top nail educator, Jacqui Jefford as one of your tutors, this step by step course following the NVQ curriculum will ensure that you gain a solid, practical foundation and a valuable qualification.
- Maintaining Nail Extensions - gain an insight into how to care for and maintain nail extensions. The Maintaining Nail Extensions course covers Gels, Acrylics and Fibreglass and you will learn how to rebalance nails, repair and prevent lifting, repair chipped and cracked nails and how to soak off old extensions. We recommend that for anyone looking to complete this course that they should complete one of the other nail technician courses first.
Study at home with NCC
Studying at home allows you flexibility to study at a pace and time that suits you:
- We do not pressure you to complete your course or meet deadline etc. You set the pace of your learning.
- You will have tutor support for 12 months, with the option to extend this for a small fee.
- Our nail technician courses from home are accredited by Essential Nails, with all students receiving a nationally recognised certificate of successful completion.
These accredited Nail Technician courses allow you to obtain the insurance required to work on human hands.
Why choose NCC?
In addition to the benefits we have listed above, learning with NCC
- Our Nail Technician courses are recognised by Habia, the Government approved standards setting body for hair, beauty, body art and nails, British Learning Association, Guild of Professional Beauty Therapists and Professional Beauty Direct.
- Price match - if you find the same course elsewhere at a cheaper rate, contact us within 14 days of purchase and we will refund the difference.
- Independent customer reviews with TrustPilot have rated us 9.2 / 10, one of the highest within the industry.
- We have a choice of courses, so there is something to fit in with your career goals.
- Payment plans - you can either pay in full or pay monthly with no credit checks.
If you are considering completing a nail technician course from home check out our available courses to see what suits your needs.