If you are passionate about expanding the minds of children, a career as a Teaching Assistant may be the path for you.
If you are passionate about expanding the minds of children and aiding in their educational development, then a career as a Teaching Assistant may be the path for you. Within this role you can assist teachers across various year groups – and even in different schools – all in one given week, ensuring that your days are always diverse and interesting.
Yet the move into this role can often be difficult, especially if you’ve already got a job and want to switch career paths.
From finding the time to attend a Teaching Assistant course to completing coursework, going on placements and going to work – all of it can be hard, if not restricting on your personal life. Without quitting your job, switching to part-time hours or using holidays; attending such a course can feel impossible.
Fortunately there are ways to work around this – home study courses.
From the comfort of your own home, you can harness our collection of Teaching Assistant courses and begin your path to a new career. All of our courses have been uniquely designed to enable you to fit your training around your existing responsibilities, and complete them at your own pace.
Imagine it – instead of having to be in a classroom for hours at a time each week – often at inconvenient times of the day – you can do our Teaching Assistant courses, as and when you like, and eliminate the stress and pressure that comes with deadlines. Essentially, you can choose when and how you learn, and guarantee maximum results from your efforts.
What do our Teaching Assistant Courses entail?
We offer a broad and diverse selection of Teaching Assistant courses that can be matched to your existing experience and qualifications. So whether you are starting out from scratch or wish to expand your current skills, there is a course for everyone:
- Teaching Assistant Diploma (Level 3)
- Higher Level Teaching Assistant Diploma (Level 4)
- Teaching Assistant Certificate (Level 2)
- Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools Award Level 3 QCF
- Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools Level 3 Diploma QCF
- Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools Level 2 QCF
Unlike many courses which give you 1-3 years (dependant on the course) to finish, with our Teaching Assistant courses you can work at your own pace and expand your skills when you are ready. There is no rush or deadline, meaning you can manage your costs with complete peace of mind. This is made easier with our monthly instalment options which allow you to manage the costs of your training and keep you on budget.
Yet these are not the only benefits you can experience from attending one of our courses:
- You can develop a more personal connection to the children – all too often, teachers are forced to spread their attention across a large number of kids limiting their one-to-one interactions with the children. As a Teaching Assistant, not only can you establish a relationship with the children in your class; you will be in a position to spot those who need extra assistance and support, and be there to provide it.
- You can build your qualifications with time – our courses afford you the flexibility to build up your CV without stretching your budget, whilst also allowing you to explore your place within this career. Do you want to work with children with special needs? Do you want to work with infants, juniors or beyond? Thanks to the diversity of our courses you can choose to specialise as a Teaching Assistant and broaden your employment opportunities.
- Can use our initial Teaching Assistant courses to get work experience – in this chosen field, work experience is essential to securing a job. By being able to work on our courses from home, this gives you greater opportunities to get work experience without having to worry about attending classes.
- Can work across schools – similar to substitute teachers, as a Teaching Assistant you can spread your time across different age groups or even different schools, ensuring you walk away with a full time salary.
- There is always a need for Teaching Assistants – class sizes grow every year and teachers need support. You can provide this assistance and secure yourself a lasting and gratifying job.
- You can study anywhere – no matter where you live in the country, you can confidently complete our courses from the comfort of your own home. There is no need to attend classes or register at a University or college. You can finish our course on your own terms and even keep working at your existing job.
- You can choose how you learn – whether you prefer to work on your computer or on paper, we offer both study options to suit your situation.
As you can see, aiming for your dream job as a Teaching Assistant doesn’t have to be costly, restrictive or pressurised. Instead, you can choose how you learn; fit it to your budget and take control of your education. You can learn at your own pace!
So if you are interested in exploring a career within teaching, click here for more information.