Beauty and Aromatherapy
Beauty Therapy & Aromatherapy are very popular career choices for both men and women in recent years. These level 2 and level 3 courses cover all you need to know to get started in Beauty Therapy and Aromatherapy.
You have 12 months to complete this course. This is more time than you need so you can work at your own pace. Completed coursework is delivered by post or via email, so handing in an assignment is simple. You will also have a personal tutor who will be there to offer you support every step of the way. You will be awarded two qualifications: Beauty Therapy level 2 and Aromatherapy level 3.
Achieve your dream career and equip yourself with the skills you need for your long-term success. Home learning is simple and stress-free, so enrol with us today!
These courses can be enrolled onto separately, but by enrolling onto this joint course you will receive a considerable discount.
Course Content - Beauty Therapy Level 2
Unit 1: Health and Safety
- Employers and employees expected duties
- Legal responsibilities
- Health and safety at your place of work
- The law
- Risk assessment
- First aid
- Fire protection
- Manual handling
- Data protection
- Security procedures
Unit 2: Developing and Maintaining Effectiveness at Work
- Your job role
- Salon timings
- Working with others
- Dealing with conflict
- Continual professional development (CPD)
Unit 3: Promoting Additional Services and Products to Clients
- Quality assurance
- Improving sales
Unit 4: Fulfilling Reception Duties
- Maintaining the reception area
- Client enquiries
- Making appointments
- Handling payments
Unit 5: Facial Skin Care Treatments
- The skin
- Skin types
- Bones of the face and head
- Muscles of the neck and face
- The cardiovascular system
- The lymphatic system
- The nervous system
Unit 6: Manicure and Pedicure Services
- Anatomy of the hands and feet
- The nail
- Nail shapes
- Filing and polishing
- Products and equipments
- Manicure procedure
- Hand massage
- Pedicure procedure
- Bones of the arm and leg
- Specialised treatments
Unit 7: Eyelashes and Eyebrows
- Eyebrow shaping
- Procedure for eyebrow shaping
- Eyelash/eyebrow tinting
- Skin tests
- Eyelash tint procedure
- Eyebrow tint procedure
- False lashes and application
Unit 8: Waxing Service
- Benefits of waxing
- Structure of the hair
- Hair removal
- Hair growth patterns
- Warm wax application
- Hot wax application
- Waxing troubleshooting
Unit 9: Make up Services
- History of make up
- Preparing the skin
- Application of make up
Aromatherapy - Level 3
Unit 1: Introduction to Aromatherapy
- The history, philosophy and role of aromatherapy.
- Introduction to aromatherapeutic terminology.
- Methods of extraction and sourcing of essences and oils.
Unit 2: Anatomy
- The physiological and psychological effects of aromatherapy massage.
- The benefits of aromatherapy on different body systems.
- Understanding how essential oils are absorbed by the body.
Unit 3: Safety
- Recognising contra-actions that may result from treatment.
- Understanding cautions that may restrict or prevent treatment.
- The importance of working safely with aromatherapy oils.
Unit 4: Blending
- Understanding chemical constituents of essences.
- Dilution and blending techniques.
- The uses, applications and origins of essences, fixed carrier oils and other media.
Unit 5: The treatment
- Consultation techniques.
- Conducting professional aromatherapeutic treatments.
- The characteristics of an appropriate consultation.
- Aromatherapy techniques used in conjunction with reflexology treatments.
- Professional codes of conduct.
Unit 6: Aftercare and reflection
- The effectiveness and results of aromatherapeutic treatments
- Reflective practice and its relevance to the aromatherapist
- The importance and role of maintaining treatment records.
No previous knowledge required
The course is designed for study by distance learning at home or at work. Students receive a course manual, assignments and study guide plus tutor support by mail or email. You can start at any time and plan your studies over a period of up to one year from the time of registration.
The course assessment takes the form of a series of written assignments, which are submitted and marked by your tutor. There is no external examination required.
- Beauty Therapy
- Unit 1: Health and Safety
- Unit 2: Developing and Maintaining Effectiveness at Work
- Unit 3: Promoting Additional Services and Products to Clients
- Unit 4: Fulfilling Reception Duties
- Unit 5: Facial Skin Care Treatments
- Unit 6: Manicure and Pedicure Services
- Unit 7: Eyelashes and Eyebrows
- Unit 8: Waxing Service
- Unit 9: Make up Services
- Unit 1: Introduction to Aromatherapy
- Unit 2: Anatomy
- Unit 3: Safety
- Unit 4: Blending
- Unit 5: The treatment
- Unit 6: Aftercare and reflection
This course has been accredited under NCFE IIQ Licence by Open Study College which has been approved as an NCFE Investing in Quality (IIQ) centre to give formal recognition to courses. At the end of this course successful learners will be awarded a certificate of achievement by NCFE. The training courses have been designed specifically to meet the needs of learners who prefer to study from home. The course measurable learning outcomes have been benchmarked at Level 2 and 3 (using Ofqual's Qualification and Credit Framework (QCF) level descriptors) to allow you to consider the depth of study, difficulty, and level of achievement involved.
For more information about Awarding Organisations click here